Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Jack and Sharon's Wedding"

This episode was dominated by Jack and Sharon's wedding ceremony, which I guess is to be expected since weddings are a pretty big deal. The ceremony had some good acting - Jack was particularly impressive when he was saying his wedding vows -- the trembling lip was a nice touch. Honestly I can't believe how the soap actors can deliver that dialog without cracking up -- it's so sappy! If I was a soap actor, I'm sure I would break out laughing at least 10 times for every one time that I was able to deliver it with a straight face.

So now Jack and Sharon are married. Unfortunately for Jack, it's only a matter of time until he finds out that Sharon slept with Brad a few months back. I have a feeling Jack won't take that so well, he doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of Bradley. I wonder whether he'll be able to forgive Sharon for not telling him...my bet is not.

The other major storyline on this episode was Brad finally admitting to Victoria that he slept with Sharon. First of all, this took place at Brad and Victoria's house, and it was the first time I'd seen Brad without a suit since I started watching Y&R again. He looks good without a suit -- now I am still waiting to see Jack without one. So anyway, the Brad/Vicki scenes were pretty intense -- I was especially impressed with the actress that plays Victoria, I thought she did a great job playing the upset wife. For all of her crying, she gets my Actress of the Day award.

I also like how everyone keeps bringing up this room service waiter that apparently remembers bringing breakfast to Brad and Sharon back at the hotel in NYC. This waiter has quite the memory! If I were a room service waiter in NYC I bet I would have a hard time remembering who I waited on yesterday, let alone months in the past.

No comments: